Now don't get me wrong, the urban decay primer potion does do the job it's created for- priming the eyes so eyeshadows don't crease and so they stay on for longer yet is it really worth all the hype?
I first purchased the UDPP in October for around £11-12 at my local John Lewis. My mum seemed to think it was really expensive for an eye primer but i assured her it would be money well spent....
On first use i was pleased with the effects as my eyeshadow did last all day and didn't crease. However, when i used my mac paintpots my eyeshadow didn't tend to crease so i didn't really see how this product was better as the paintpots also create coloured bases. Another negative i found with this product was that when i used it, my eyeshadows were really difficult to blend. I could have just been really heavy handed with the primer but even with a thin layer i found it left a sort of sticky residue on my eyelid :S
On first use i was pleased with the effects as my eyeshadow did last all day and didn't crease. However, when i used my mac paintpots my eyeshadow didn't tend to crease so i didn't really see how this product was better as the paintpots also create coloured bases. Another negative i found with this product was that when i used it, my eyeshadows were really difficult to blend. I could have just been really heavy handed with the primer but even with a thin layer i found it left a sort of sticky residue on my eyelid :SAfter about a month i (stupidly) dropped my UDPP and chipped the bottom of the bottle. At first i didn't think about it but after about a week the primer started to clump and dry out so i figured that this would be the time to depot my primer potion...
Overall i would not say this is a bad product i just don't really understand the hype! Mind you this is just my opinion as i know for many people this is a holy grail product :)
Char ♥
As a primer I really like it and I find that it does its job and keeps my eyeshadow in please for the whole day. But I agree with you I hate the packaging, and I would prefer if it came in a squeeze tube
ReplyDeletei have heard so many good things about it... it could just be i'm putting too much on, i'm not sure. I'll keep using it and hopefully i'll start to love it as much as everyone else :) x
ReplyDeleteIm actually saving up to get this, but now im thinking is it worth it? there is no mac counter near to where i live though so what else can i do? x
ReplyDelete