
Summer 09, Leeds. I had just finished by GCSE's and returned from a trip to Majorca with my dad, when my mum informed me that while my sister was sunning it up in Portugal, we were to visit my family in Leeds. I had been to York before but never Leeds so my cousin and auntie took my mum and i there and needless to say, quite alot was purchased! Before i begin with this haul, can I just say that people up north are so much more friendly than us southerners! My closest city is London and if you went round saying hello to random strangers, you would be considered rather odd! Anyways, back to the haul :)
I told my auntie I was really interested in trying out some mac products, as I had heard many good things about them over YouTube. We then proceeded to Harvey Nicholls where they had an absolutley massive mac counter. For your first mac haul, I would suggest seeing one of their salesladies who will persuade you to buy the makeup they think will suit you best. However, do research around abit before as their job is to sell you as much as possible and some of the stuff may be unneccesary.
1) Mineralize Skin Finish Natural Medium Plus
This was the one product i knew i really wanted and even now i still use it daily. However, my one regret was getting this colour in such a dark shade. I had just returned from holiday, so i was very tanned at the time but i only managed to wear it for 2/3 weeks, as my tan started to wear off. I ended up purchasing another in Medium and using this one to contour. I reach for this product everyday and just use concealor underneath, unless I am hitting the town then i will go for my Revlon Colorstay :)
2) Paintpot Bare Study
love love LOVE it! a gorgeous champagne colour which i used alot in the summer just with lashings of mascara! I actually prefer it to urban decay's primer potion, which i actually don't rate that highly but more about that in another post!
3) 224 Brush
Blends colours beautifully. When the lady did my makeup she used a 222 but then told us that they had ran out of that brush but the 224 was exactly the same. Now i know that this isn't the case but i am still really happy with this brush and it is a staple in my makeup routine :)
4) Creme d'Nude
All i can say is i absolutley adore this lipstick! My favourite nude i have ever tried, doesn't make me appear washed out at all! I love the vanilla scent of all mac lipsticks and i believe cremesheens are the best formulation! If you are looking to purchase your first mac lipstick get this one, you won't regret it :)
5) Eyeshadows in "Orb" and "Quarry"
Now, these aren't as popular colours as the likes of "woodwinked" or "sable" but i think for your first eyeshadow combination, you can't beat these two colours! Both are matte colours and blend beautifully together to create a subtle eye. They work brilliantly with the slight shimmer barestudy paintpot gives you, without making your eyes look like disco balls. I reach for orb everyday as it is very close to my natural colouring (just slightly more pink) and evens out my skintone beautifully!
6) Nars Orgasm Blush
Now, i know this is a mac haul but my auntie said she would treat me to a blush and i saw the Nars counter and after all the hype, i knew i had to try Orgasm. It is a beautiful pinky/corally blush with gold shimmer. I would apply sparingly as it has strong pigmentation but i absolutley adore this blush! I think it makes me look awake and compliments my skintone well! This is my everyday got to blush and i have just hit pan, so will be purchasing another soon :)
Well i hope this helped you guys out a little bit if you are looking into purchasing some things from mac! These are just my opinions so the colours may not suit your skintones aswell etc, but i do think things such as the Barestudy paintpot would look good on anyone :) Sorry for the rambling but i hope you enjoyed this post and i will hopefully start blogging regularly from now on :)
Take care my lovelies,
Char ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment
leave a comment my lovelies and i will try my best to reply... thank you for reading my blog ♥