If someone had ever told me that i would be sporting lilac nails, i would probably have laughed in their face! Typically, i much prefer neutral colours on my nails but have sometimes ventured towards a bright red on special occasions. Now, i am in love with pastel colours and this is the nail polish that sparked of this obsession:
Opi "DO YOU LILAC IT?"
I usually put on 2-3 coats of this colour as only one coat gives a slightly washed out effect. Normally, this nail varnish will last around 3-4 days before it starts chipping and even longer with a top coat! Unfortunatley for me, due to my part time job i can't wear nail varnish for work so during the week my nails tend to look rather boring. However, when i have a few nights off work this is the nail varnish i grab for! I think it is a really pretty colour and alot more unusual than your typical light pink manicured nails! This would probably suit every skin colour, but i think it would look absolutley amazing on darker skin tones!

This is a picture of me and my mummy's freshly polished nails. I think this colour is really flattering as it elongates your hands and doesn't look tacky, as i would have expected a lilac nail polish to look! My mum has now requested i buy her a bottle also, as mine is rapidly decreasing! I paid around £10 for this bottle, which is alot of money for a nail polish but i know if you look around you can pick Opi polished up for £5-£6 :)
This is a beautiful colour to be worn all year round but i think it suits spring the best! So ladies, move away from the french manicures and nude nails... wack out the lilac nail polish! I guarentee all your friends will want to copy you :)
Char ♥
really nice colour, just found your blog and love it :) x
ReplyDeletethankyou :) love your blog too! x
ReplyDeleteWow, lovely colour, especially with the turqouise ring! I love make up but as I'm such a nervous nail biter I'm not very adventurous with products, can't believe I've never even tried OPI yet...
ReplyDeleteBecca x
aww well i would definitely recommend opi nail polishes... even if you do just try their nude colours :)x
ReplyDelete