Sunday, 9 May 2010

some recent purchases :D

well, i don't know about you guys, but i'm a total sucker for a bargain! so whilst doing the weekly shop in town, i came across a few great deals that i just couldn't refuse! haha...
2 for £6 on Charles Worthington products in Sainsbury's. i have used the leave in conditioner before and it's usually priced at around £5 so i ended up getting a heat protector for £1 - BARGAIN! i really recommend the leave in conditioner as it is also a really good detangler and leaves hair feeling silky smooth. however, i would suggest not applying this to your roots as it can make your hair feel quite greasy! i haven't used the heat protector yet, as i am currently using a vo5 one, but when i do i will let you know my thoughts on it! :)
I picked up these really cute flower clips from New Look for only £3. i may have to go back and pick up some different colours as these really jazz up a simple ponytail or messy bun...love them!
However, my two favourite products i picked up, have to be these beauties:
i actually can't believe i have never picked up this scrub! i have used it before and loved it, but my neutrogena scrub was working well enough, so i didn't really see the point in buying it! i got this scrub from Sainsbury's for about £4 and you get 150ml of product. i can honestly say this is a miracle worker...it leaves your face feeling refreshed and smooth. i have also used this as a body scrub and it works just aswell as my body shop exfoliator (and for half the price!) a definite, definite must have girls - pick one up asap!

Bourjois had a 2 for £10 deal on in boots, so i purchased a lipgloss and a mascara (which i have now given to my mum as it didn't really do anything for my lashes!)
now, only recently have i been getting into lipglosses. i do love the mac ones as they have a brilliant colour range and staying power however, i find them to be ridiculously sticky and eating starts to become a real mission when wearing one of their glosses!
i love love LOVE this lipgloss. the colour i got, is number 33 Brun poetic and it compliments gosh darling perfectly! there is shimmer in this lipgloss but it applies really smoothly and...with no stickiness! this lasted a good 4 hours before i had to reapply and it really gives a 3 dimensional look to your lips, without being one of those painful plumping lipglosses! i am definitely going to pick more of these babies up. they are usually priced at about £6.50, so take advantage of boots offer and you could get 2 for £10...they are honestly amazing (L)

anyway my darlings, hope you are all well and enjoying your weekend!
Take care,
Char ♥

13 comments:

  1. I have the heat protector, it smells lovely. I haven't tried the leave in conditioner but I will try it seeing as I need one and love Charles Worthington <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gloss is a lovely colour on you. Also, I adore your hair straight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your hair and the st. ives stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really want to try the apricot scrub , going to get it next weekend i think! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looooooove St. Ives Apricot Scrub :) I actually use the "gentle" version bc I find that the regular one can be a bit abrasive on the face, but you're right - it does work as a nice body scrub. Cute blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh must try that lip gloss! and i love the apricot scrub!!
    www.andeelayne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the st ives scrub its amazing! I've tried so many and I always go back to that one! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog its weirdly similar to mine, your gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. someone got tagged ;)

    http://alwayssummerontheinside.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello dear we invite u to follow us at http://idomakeuproom.blogspot.com/ xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great deals! That lip gloss looks LOVELY on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have always eyed up that lipgloss, I have so many nude glosses though haha!
    You look beaut and your hair looks all swishy and lovely!
    x x

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment my lovelies and i will try my best to reply... thank you for reading my blog ♥